The Historic Russell-Howland House (c 1830) was occupied by some of the area’s most prominent characters including the infamous Hetty Green (Witch of Wall Street) and coach maker Henry Forbes. It was later used by the Sisters of St. Joseph as a hospital (1873) and convent (1888). The original granite mansion and brick annex now house over 15,000 square feet of office and conference space. Located in the Opportunity Zone and future Transit Overlay District, there are 28 onsite parking spaces and over 442’ of frontage on 3 streets, providing plenty of additional parking. Owners completed historically approved renovations including replacing windows in 2016; brick repointing, wood restoration and painting (using long-life paint) in 2017; burner conversion from oil to gas in 2014; and roof and gutter repairs in 2012. Conveniently located just off of Rte.18 and in close proximity to the waterfront and future New Bedford Rail Station (2023), this area is ripe for development.
The property listing data and information, or the Images, set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors, landlords and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information, and the Images, are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing, leasing or renting listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing, leasing or renting. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information, or as to the accuracy of any of the Images, set forth herein.